[Grouping of 11 early newsletters and informational pamphlets]
Miami, FL: Mark-Age, 1960-1966. 11 vols. Saddle-stapled or unbound in self-wraps, approx. 8.5 x 7in. Mild wear and occasional instances of cover soiling; two volumes with vertical center folds from mailing; altogether near fine.
A small grouping of eleven newsletters and informational pamphlets from the first six years of American UFO religions group Mark-Age. Organized in 1960 by Charles Boyd Gentzel (1922-1981) and Pauline Sharpe (1925-2005), Mark Age claimed to be a receiving body for the channeled messages of the cosmic spiritual body, which the group refers to as the Hierarchal Board. Sharpe, acting as Yolanda or Nada-Yolanda, was the group's primary channel. From the beginning, Mark-Age incorporated Christian theology into their belief system, with Jesus of Nazareth being one of many members of the Hierarchal Board, many of whose communications were facilitated by spacecraft, in both physical and astral forms. These early comminuqes quite uncommon. Individual items as follow:
1) The "first Mark-Age bulletin, dated June 1960. 8pp. Vertical fold crease. Inclusive of news, organizational messages, theological statements; with a four-paragraph manifesto on rear cover.
2) A 4pp. (single sheet, folded) list of "impending events" dated 1960-3, and presumably mailed with the former, as it also bears a vertical fold crease.
3) Mark-Age Bulletin No. 6, June 1961. "First Anniversary Issue." 12pp., unbound and printed on blue paperstock. News, organizational communications, channeled messages from Jesus Christ, Yolanda (see below), and other interplanetary figures.
4) Mark-Age Bulletin, "Eleventh Issue," March, 1962. 32pp., printed on blue paperstock. Organizational news, more channeled messages, a Q&A section on the "Configuration Cycle," etc.
5) Marks & Remarks : News and Views of the Mark-Age Family, the Markers of This Age. 12pp. Dated August, 1963 at base of rear cover.
6) Undated single folded sheet offering an explanation of the group's basic belief structure, beginning: "What is Mark-Age? Mark-Age is the Coordination Unit, Number 7, for hundreds of Key Units in Program Jesus during this Age of Marks – the Harvest Period of Latter Days."
7) Birth of the Christ. 42pp.; illus. Thirteen original songs with interspersed texts of a religious nature, as channeled through "Yolanda of the Sun." Songs dated individually from December 1963-March 1964.
8) High Self Communion. 8pp. Pamphlet. A "discourse," circa 1965.
9) Marks & Remarks : News and Views of the Mark-Age Family, the Markers of This Age, October 1966. 8pp., unbound. News and reports about completion of phase one of the "Hierarchal Board Tour."
10) Peace on Earth. 4pp. Undated. A Christmas greeting.
11) "Mass Spacecraft Demonstrations Thanksgiving - Christmas, 1966." Single sheet. Update about the discovery of a "physical space brother newly stationed, in astral projection, at Mark-Age Meta-Center headquarters in Miami.